Monday, November 28, 2016

Inevitably

Inspirational song: Blue Monday (New Order)

Well. Yep. Inspection was another spanner in the works. I lobbied so hard to keep things together. In the end, I couldn't do it. There were scary words uttered, like "mold" and "negative drainage." For people who move as often as we do, these are just annoyances to be dealt with. For people who have lived for decades in the same home, these sound scary and expensive. I still believe in my heart that this house is a fantastic property, but my sellers have decided to walk away from it. Dammit. If you are keeping score, that means I have now been doing this job a full year with no income. I'm not abandoning my clients. I know they are really buyers, but they only want to do this one time ever. I get that. I just wish that one time would happen soon. I need to keep drumming up other business while I wait.

Filling out termination notices and calling to deliver bad news wasn't fun. It was only hard while I was agonizing over doing it before I got down to it. I did have my usual Monday blues for part of the day. Maybe that's just a product of doing as much as I can on weekends. It meant taking it slow to the point of not leaving the house. I'm so lucky I have the ability to work from home, so that these regularly occurring days don't get me fired. I just wish that I had more energy to drum up more of that from-home business. Of course, that would just make me more tired. It's a death spiral.


No comments:

Post a Comment