Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Little Details

Inspirational song: Teacher, Teacher (Rockpile)

I feel like I keep learning new things every time I dance the realtor dance. Each new offer shows me nuances I missed in each previous iteration. I can't quite figure out why there is still so much to learn about this contract. Okay, it's eighteen pages long. It changes every few years (including the beginning of this year). And I haven't filled it out so many times that I'm casual about it. That might explain it. I still get pretty freaked out each time I approach it, but I'm an anxious type when it comes to details. I spent much of today writing another offer, and as I wrapped it up, I went through it line by line with my former teacher/now boss, and he finessed a ton of things I thought I had all figured out by now. There is an elegance to this, and I am slowly learning the graceful moves.

Today's offer involved a whole lot more research than I usually have to do. I keep telling myself I'm learning important career skills. So far it's working. At least it got me over my usual reluctance to use the telephone to make actual phone calls (quelle horreur!).

No amount of work could get me to skip a long-standing date I had for today. It has taken me an entire year to make it to the Cheese Importers with my girlfriend. I walked away from my offer just long enough for a long lunch and shopping trip. My friend was as amused by the store as I expected her to be (as we all are when we first go there). We had a great time looking at all the girly French chachkies, smelling the fancy soaps, and sampling the unusual imported cheeses. We spent way too much money, and we didn't regret a second of it. Hell, we would go there again in a heartbeat, and probably will do so at the first opportunity.








No comments:

Post a Comment