Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Put to Bed

Inspirational song: Let's Go to Bed (The Cure)

The flowers around the Park are mostly dead. It's time to chop down the brown stalks and cover the ground with mulch to protect the roots for next year. I'm somewhat relieved. It was a lot to take care of this year, as it has been before when I was in charge of it alone, and by the end of the season, I was ready to be done with it. We worked today to rip out some of the worst of the weeds from the Unless garden. It was overgrown with crabgrass, plantain (although I tried hard to keep that beat back as much as I could this summer), that tall, stinky, millet-like weed, and volunteer tomatoes that snaked through the entire garden. I rarely went in to pick out the tomatoes. I used a few on my pizza tonight, but most of them are going in the compost. Once a big pile of unwanted plants were pulled out, even the mostly dead desirables that were left looked better. I wish I'd had the energy and the ability to be out in the heat to keep it under control.

I've been a lot more active at work for the last week. Business is coming my way, and I'm rising to meet it. We have a real go-getter calling all of the unworked leads, and I have been the one tasked with following up on a lot of them. I don't know yet that any of them will turn into actual home sales, but I'm trying.

There are prices to be paid with running neck or nothing for a girl like me. After yanking weeds this afternoon, I made the mistake of sitting still. I made it about fifteen minutes, and then staggered off to take the second or third nap I've had since spring. (I wasn't living up to my doctor's orders.) It's possible that the fact that I'm sleeping better at night and finally able to nap once in a great while is the reason that my energy is finally returning and work is finally possible again. I was in a sleep-deprived stupor for weeks. I think I actually make sense once in a while now. Although I'm not so sure I'm doing it now. Maybe I need another long sleep.







No comments:

Post a Comment