Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Addiction

Inspirational song: Junk Food Junkie (Larry Groce)

I have misbehaved. I have indulged without any restraints until I nearly went blind. I have wasted several days staring at Twitter, refreshing the feed over and over. I have done this day and night. And by night, I mean I crawl in bed at eleven thirty or so, but I stay up scrolling through the feed until two in the morning or later. I'm an addict. I can't turn away from the train wreck. I didn't touch Twitter more than a dozen times all of last year, and for the last couple weeks, I can't stop looking at it. There are so many more nutritious ways I could feed my brain, but I am gorging on the stickiest junk food out there. I know I've had a real life in here somewhere. I'm just not sure where it is. I have a big several days ahead. I'll be back at work and busy as heck. I'll be celebrating with family. I will have to turn away from the screen and engage with the world. But for now, maybe I'll just scroll through Twitter for a little while until I fall asleep. Just a taste.





No comments:

Post a Comment