Thursday, February 2, 2017

Swooping In

Inspirational song: Taking Care of Business (Bachman-Turner Overdrive)

As tempting as it might be to brush off blog time with "can't write now--busy," I will take a couple minutes to say what I'm up to. It has been a wonderfully hectic work day for me. The winter holiday slowdown seems to have ended, and my year from hell may also be history. I showed multiple homes to multiple buyers, and as of this afternoon, I have one offer to write. That's what will make tonight's blog on the short side. I don't need to send it in until tomorrow, but I do need to get it as close to done before bedtime as I possibly can. Time is of the essence all around on this one. I know better than to assume it will be accepted, and I certainly know better than to assume it will survive inspection. But I am still swinging the bat, and one of these times, I am going to hit that stupid ball right out of the park. Or Park. Whatever. My eyes are numb from reading and re-reading an 18 page long contract to buy and sell. I'm not up to clever puns about my home and blog's name.

I debated not going up to the sales meeting this morning, when I saw how icy it still was, but I put on my big girl pants and drove up. I'm glad I did. The other agent from my town couldn't make it, the one who comes from way south also didn't show, a part-timer left right as I walked in (15 minutes late), and the other agent who I get along with super well has the flu. I essentially had the boss and the volunteer coordinator to myself for the morning, and I took advantage of that. We got a brand new website yesterday, and radically changed how we do things. I got a personalized tour of the new site that the volunteer coordinator built herself and has total control over (unlike the last one that was outsourced, and honestly drove me more than a little nuts). The site is brilliantly simple, but features the things we all felt should have been front and center all along. It will have landing pages for each of us agents, and as soon as I can get my bio and info ready to link, I will put it on the Scenes from Smith Park Facebook page, and my personal one as well. This is a very positive development.

Okay, my break from pages and pages of legalese is over. I have a few photos from the last house tour of the night, in a historic home in Greeley, with the coolest freaking room I have ever seen. I think it used to be the exterior, and it was cold as snot like there was no insulation. But it had a giant stone fireplace, a neat iron chandelier, and the tallest ceiling I have ever seen in a residential house. It also had the oldest active furnace (I think it was the active one) I have ever seen in a house. Also, I have a picture or two of the latest visitor to the Park, a peregrine falcon who had been sitting on the fence, threatening the chickadees who live in the spirea bush, until we tried to take his picture, and then we had to chase him and sneak pictures through our back gate.






No comments:

Post a Comment