Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Accomplishments Are Thin On the Ground

Inspirational song: Bang the Drum All Day (Todd Rundgren)

I tried so hard to be productive. I wrestled with the wedding dress for hours, yet I barely made any progress at all. The bodice lining has to be stitched down, but first it has to fit exactly along the exterior of the dress. I felt like it was just a tiny bit off every time I touched it. The satin fabric was super slippery and it refused to fall in line. I sewed and sewed and never seemed to get any closer to finished. It probably wasn't even halfway through the seam when I realized how my chipped up fingernails and rough nail beds were making tiny snags in the fabric. I stopped, telling myself I'd pick it back up again after a manicure. Other than a quick swipe with an emery board, I did neither.

I have had one important step forward today. I now have the *time* of closing selected, in addition to the day of closing that we set almost a month ago. There is only one way this deal can fall apart still, and that is if something goes catastrophically wrong with the loan. I have had faith in these clients' finances for the last year, so I'm allowing myself a glimmer of hope. Just a glimmer. Can't get cocky.

I only took one photo today, and I'm thinking I ought not share it. Murray flipped his wheels over again this afternoon, before dinnertime, and I took a picture before I righted him. In the foreground of the picture is undeniable proof that all my dogs do all day long is eat the birdseed that the squirrels throw on the ground. How about this-- what say I go find an old picture of Rabbit and use that instead. I'll save you from the sight of the seedcakes that Murray leaves us in the yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment