Thursday, April 6, 2017

Relax

Inspirational song: Magical Mystery Tour (The Beatles)

What did I whine about just a day or two ago? Why do I keep volunteering to do things when I really should slow down the number of things I volunteer to do? I went to a sales meeting today, and when the boss said "who wants to do an open house for this place?" naturally my little hand was in the air, waving. My long-term clients are almost ready to be released back into the wild, and the four other sets of clients I thought I had in February/March have scattered to the four winds. Some are not ready right now, and some are not going to buy at all after a change of heart. I need to meet someone new. Honestly, I need to meet someone with deep pockets, but someone traveling solo (without another realtor attached) is good enough for now.

By the time the open houses (yes, two) roll around this weekend, the wedding dress should be completed and on its way to southern Alabama, to the little resort town where the ceremony will be held. It's so close to being finished, although right now I turned the bride loose on it, to take care of the very last bit of machine work. I had too much going on today and by the time she got here, I was a worthless bag of goo. She has plenty of the basic skills to handle the task she took on, and I am glad for the hand-off. She just came in to show me her work, and it was fantastic. It's a huge relief to both of us to have it done.

I had the first of three medical visits today. That's a big part of why I didn't have the strength or energy to tackle the particular sewing project tonight. I was due for a round of blood tests, and the nurse I'd never seen before decided to drain me dry. It was only three large vials of blood, but that for my entire life, even removing that much has been enough to ruin my day. I had to sleep as soon as I got home, and I've been loopy and weak even after a nap. It is nice to have a doctor who takes me completely seriously when I tell her the new things I'm feeling. She is testing for thyroid, liver enzymes, magnesium levels, and probably a whole lot more. She doesn't mind that I'm cheating on her and going to see a gastroenterologist in a couple weeks. As long as she gets a summary from the visit, that is. And when I complained about the increase in muscle tightness, she suggested a different muscle relaxer than I'd had most recently (that didn't help at all). She also suggested taking it at bedtime, with the hope that it would help me sleep better than I have in two or three years. I have been watching the clock tick down, waiting to go on my magical trip to dreamland. Is it normal adult behavior to be this excited about bedtime?


No comments:

Post a Comment