Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Wouldn't Wanna

Inspirational song: I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You (Alan Parsons Project)

On my way to a planning meeting for the big Rotary Foundation 100th anniversary party (to be held this summer), a song came on the radio. It was the above mentioned Alan Parsons Project song. As I listened to it, I had a true inspiration for the blog. There were even three tenuously-related acts, ready to go. I did what I frequently do. When it was safe to do (at a red light), I took a snapshot of the screen to remind myself to use that song. I then went on my merry way toward the park where we were to meet. Along the way, my new buyer called, and we had a detailed conversation about the specific requests he had resulting from the inspection done on his house-to-be last Monday. Then I went to the park and talked about what our next steps are to prepare and fundraise for the event. I had to explain why I had to pass off one of my tasks, and to limit expectations on what I will take on from here (because of the things I talked about yesterday). I came home. I made dinner (and it was fantastic). I finished the inspection objection form, and submitted it. And now, after unwinding completely from the day, I have forgotten every single detail about that great blog inspiration. Every bit except that it was that song, and only that because I took a photograph of it.

This happens way more often than you'd think.


No comments:

Post a Comment