Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Before I Sleep

Inspirational song: Dazed and Confused (Led Zeppelin)

What am I forgetting? I used to make lists of what I needed to pack days in advance, even if I didn't actually assemble all of the items until the day before a trip. I'm not so organized anymore. And I'm not sure I've made a list since the one I will never live down. I had written "hair dryer" in my elaborate, loopy handwriting. My daughter, who was helping me fill the suitcase read it out loud, "hard drugs??" No, V, it was hair dryer, not hard drugs. But we have managed to laugh over that even now, almost ten years later. And sadly, now I don't care about bringing along my hair dryer, even though we are going to a wedding. I care about bringing along my giant pill sorter, and I made sure I refilled the purse pill holder where I keep my pain killers and muscle relaxers. Damn. The joke has become the reality.

 The kids are supposed to be here in about five and a half hours. We're all going in on one checked bag and each taking a small carry on. This will be a working vacation for me, with the new clients and the last few details to work out for the closing on Monday, so I have to take my laptop too. I am not quite to the stage where I can do all of the DocuSign work just on my phone. Close, but not yet. So my carry on will be heavier than I wanted it to be. I am wearing 100% cotton and spandex stretchy clothing this weekend. My entire wardrobe for the trip would fit in a backpack, with room to spare, but for the required electronics.

I can't justify sitting here thinking up pretty words any longer. I have to lay out all of my luggage, and try to sleep a few hours before we sneak out like thieves in the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment