Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Imbalance

Inspirational song: When the Morning Comes (Hoyt Axton)

It took a very long time to get the balance right. I had to go from the years-long tantrum that I threw sometime around 2012, when I refused to take any medications at all, not even vitamins or Tylenol, to taking the giant, elaborate confection of pharmaceuticals that I consume every day now. It took months for some of the chemicals to build up sufficient concentration in my bloodstream to have any noticeable effect. I hate taking pills. But I did it, and I very rarely skipped anything (accidents happened). After several months, it finally started to work. It worked very well, overall. So now, I have to go off of one of the things I rely on for a few days. In advance of the scope, I've had to stop my prescription NSAID. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. I'd been feeling so much better, I thought I would be fine for 72 hours. Turns out that the very first pill they put me on was a vitally important foundation that everything else was built on. I feel like crap. I had a withdrawal headache most of the day. My usual body aches were rougher than usual. I've had zero energy and less motivation. My biggest accomplishments of the day were managing to feed myself, the cats, and the dogs once each, plus taking a broom to a little of the dirt that Murray dug up onto the patio right by the back door. A whole day, and that was it.

The end of the day came around, and I tried to soak in the hot tub in lieu of my regular anti-inflammatory pain reliever. I couldn't relax to save my life. It made the bloating in my stomach float, and it just pushed up and up. I gave up after a scroll through Twitter. This is insufferable. I still don't know what's going on inside me, and I don't know for sure that this week's tests will reveal anything. I would like to get down to business, though, and just have the next test over with.


No comments:

Post a Comment