Sunday, April 9, 2017

Blow

Inspirational song: Tear the Roof Off the Sucker (Give Up the Funk) (Parliament)

Nothing like a blustery day to make a half dozen different people at an open house ask about the age and health of a roof. I had no idea, but something about big winds put that thought in people's minds. The second day of the open house was busy, but not quite as rocking as yesterday. I still ended up being there three hours instead of two, but thankfully I was able to get my happy butt inside the house and still sort of be an adult afterwards. I saw one person come back for another walk-through, while her realtor was preparing her offer. I had another couple come in whose friends were in the day before, scouting out the house for them. And better than yesterday, I got solid leads today.

In other successful news, I managed to find a good dress to wear to the wedding. It was nothing like I imagined I was going to get, but it was so comfortable, I didn't want to take it off in the dressing room. That's an excellent sign. Plus, it has pockets. It's a win.

I just checked in with the live cam on the two litters of kittens. The malnourished mama wasn't able to produce milk for her own babies. She's just too weak after all she was fighting, and her kittens were transferred to the younger, stronger queen. At present, Corsica is taking care of 8 kittens, 5 her own, and 3 of Evolene's, who still need supplemental bottle feeding to catch up. Her own 5 are big bruisers, comparatively speaking. The first and fifth of Evolene's kittens did not make it. I do not know details, but for all the difficulties they faced in utero and during the birth, I am not surprised. I know the volunteers in BC will do everything they can to keep the remaining kittens and queens healthy, but this is the reality of life in the wild. Not every ending is happy. Some of the endings just suck.








No comments:

Post a Comment