Friday, April 28, 2017

Left Over

Inspirational song: Shout (Tears for Fears)

If my throat was going to feel and sound like I had spent hours at a really exciting football game that went into double overtime, then dammit, I should have gotten to at least watch such a game. But no, I've spent all day sounding like I was working on Demi Moore cosplay. I can still feel every spot where the biopsies were taken. Drinking coffee this morning was challenging, and even by late afternoon when I had tomato soup, I could still feel the burn in my throat. And yet, I still don't know what is wrong, nor do I have any sort of relief. I'm at the end of my rope here. I had a friend suggest a condition to google, but it was something that happens farther up the torso, at the top of the rib cage, rather than the bottom--and interferes more with arm movements, rather than making it difficult to wear pants. The doctor's office called me this morning and said the ultrasound from Monday looked fine, and they'd talk to me in a couple weeks when the biopsy results are back. Hooray. I love being on hold.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to pretend things are normal around here. I managed to make a couple trips to the trash and recycle cans out back and washed off my outdoor table before being totally winded. I spent more time in my chair than anywhere else today. I could have been doing any number of things, had I been able to bend and breathe. The weather outside was beautiful this morning, sunny and warm. By the time I really got out to do anything, a storm had begun to move through. We could see several inches of snow by morning. For now, it's just cold and drizzly, although I've seen several bands of snow mixed in during the day.

I braved the cold long enough to give Barley an out at lunchtime (he was SO disappointed when I didn't bring him over to play with Murray before the storm), and I wandered around Boulder in what was supposed to be mommy-daughter misbehaving. It ended up actually being a chance to handle important errands and test a new restaurant. The closest I came to misbehaving was buying a donut pan at the fancy cooking shop on Pearl, with the idea that one day I will create the perfect gluten free yeast raised donut. If I can succeed, my fortunes will be made.






No comments:

Post a Comment