Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Feast Followed by Famine

Inspirational song: Million Reasons (Lady Gaga)

I feel like I ought to dredge up a modicum of guilt. I'm not going to. It was a recovery day again, and I took it seriously. I've had a big several weeks, making myself do things almost every single day, despite feeling like it was all on borrowed energy. Randomly throughout the month, I'd let stress get me, and I'd suddenly be hit with the sensation that my blood had been replaced with Icy Hot. (You've all felt that, right? It's not just me?) I haven't been sleeping much, and there was that night this past weekend when I didn't sleep at all, not even as dawn crept in through my windows. I'm entirely baffled by how I have managed to move and talk each day. On my in-between days, I did as little of that as possible. And today, after my concert guests drove away, I got busy about recovering. I stayed in my jammies. I skipped breakfast, and then I skipped lunch. I managed to doze a little bit on the couch, which was heavenly. I thinned out the unwanted stuff clogging my DVR. I watched Lady Gaga do Carpool Karaoke and was deeply impressed. I think I'm finally rested enough to do stuff. And now it's almost 10pm. Great timing, Annie.

Work managed to find me. I'm okay with that. I haven't given it enough attention while I've been spending more time feeling run down than up and at 'em. I'm even glad to see things picking up again on that front. If there was anything feeding me guilt, it was that I wasn't being aggressive in finding new clients. I've also been staring at my mail-in ballot that came last week. There are less than two weeks until the worst election in history is over, and once I mail that thing in, I can be done with it until the returns are announced in November. I brought the voter guides down to study all of the ballot issues and candidates for local and state offices. I haven't opened them yet.

I've gotten some photos from Mr X. He sent me pictures from the Grand Canyon of the same view, or close to it anyway, as my favorite painting. Thirty-plus years ago, my stepfather painted a gnarled, dead tree, with Vishnu Temple in the background. Today I got several pictures of the same geological feature, from different angles, in different lights. I asked for permission to share them, since I never took a single photo of my own today. (Although I did clear out some of the junk clogging my One Drive, so that I can keep adding more snaps for this space when I do get active again.) Wouldn't some of these be pretty printed out and hung up on the wall around my painting that I've had since the same month I met Mr X?









No comments:

Post a Comment