Thursday, October 13, 2016

Ryane Touched Me

Inspirational song: Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) (C&C Music Factory)

It was a big day at Smith Park. There were comings and goings and changes all around. I could barely sleep at all last night, knowing that my #1 daughter was on the road, bringing with her my #1 granddog. I thought they would arrive in the morning, but they didn't arrive until mid afternoon. By that point #2 daughter had come over for an impromptu pantry re-organization. I made jokes that we were having a girl dance party, while we prepped for the other two girls to arrive. Rabbit didn't like it as much, as the dance moves she got to perform the most are what we commonly call "Rabbit-tipping." Daughter #2 does that to her every time she visits, and Rabbit just flops over and meows in her old smoker lady voice.

Without getting too deep in the weeds, the roommate and I decided it was best for all concerned if he moved out of here and back to his hometown. I wish him well in his next ventures. He has a good chance of getting a job in his field with this move, and I hope for his sake that he gets it. Things will be a bit quieter around here, but I'm going to continue to go on walks and do a lot of the activities we had begun doing over the summer. I'll just be talking to myself a bit more, and getting somewhat fewer answers than before.

The biggest all-girl party of the day was a mother daughter tattoo night. My daughters and I enjoy decorating ourselves (they do it a bit more frequently than I), and for the first time in our lives, we all three went to get new ink at the same time in the same room. It was a blast. Daughter #1 made the appointments for her and for me, and Daughter #2 sent in artwork to join us. My new tattoo was more mainstream than theirs. I got the CU logo on my right shoulder ("Shoulder to shoulder we will fight, fight, fight!"). Daughter #2 got the unusual villain from the animated series "Gravity Falls" on her arm. And Daughter #1 got a stylized lantern with blue flames on her arm. We each felt a strong connection to our artists. If I ever do figure out where to put a Shiva on my body, I will go back to my artist in a heartbeat. I really liked her.

We were gone long enough that my little granddog was bored and stressed by being in a strange place. She has been bouncing around my house ever since her auntie and I returned, looking out the front window waiting for her mommy to come in after her tattoo (which took hours longer than mine), and running out into my back yard, wondering where Bump, Elsa, and Murray went. Not sure how to explain to her that they moved out in a way she can understand. I'm supposed to get a chance to see them again this year, but little Sheba won't be here to see her dog uncles and aunt. Maybe I can distract her with cuddles and cat food. She keeps giving me baleful looks, wondering why it's just us and these wary felines in this house right now. Eventually she will remember that it's okay to play with grandma.















No comments:

Post a Comment