Saturday, October 29, 2016

Things That Go Bump

Inspirational song: The Leavers - IV The Jumble of Days (Marillion)

I have wondered for a while how I was going to write this particular post, and the longer it was delayed, the more I put off figuring it out. I never came any closer to knowing where to start. I have houseguests again, and this time they've come in like they own the place. That's because they do. Mr X and my dogs have come here temporarily. Before you read anything into it, this was the plan all along. After his excursion to the ends of the continent, he always planned to come back and finish the tasks that were left undone when he drove off. Nothing has changed except geography. Nothing that affects the blog, anyway. The bonus here is that now I get to spoil my pretty, pretty princess and feed her apples all day, and I get to hug my little red-headed dog like I have wanted to do for months. I've missed the pups desperately, and worried that they were not handling the stress of living on the road very well. They're senior citizens now, and they need a good place to rest their bones that doesn't rock and lurch along a highway. I know they liked getting to roam all of the national parks west of the Rockies, but I want them to relax and get the stress off of their faces. I got lots of doggie cuddles when they got here, and I've already cut up a large apple to split between the two who wanted it. Little Hot Wheels has decided he's not interested in apples anymore.

I've gotten myself busy with work again, thanks to some judicious phone-calling by someone I recruited into the brokerage. They say that internet leads produce one solid client for every 50 to 100 hits on your website. My genius sales woman buddy has already given me two live leads from less than 24 hours of calls, maybe 10 or 12 total? The first one was when I was standing right next to her and she just handed over the phone for me to set an appointment. The second one she tried to run through the managing broker, and when he didn't respond very quickly to say who to pass it to, she called me and said to jump on it while it was hot. I am so glad she came along. Of course this means I'm going to be so busy I won't know what day it is without consulting my phone calendar. I think I can handle it for now. My health seems to be stabilizing and my wallet could use a home sale. It's time.






No comments:

Post a Comment