Monday, October 17, 2016

Wish Granted

Inspirational song: In Da Club (50 Cent)

Another trip around the sun has been completed. Surviving this particular revolution deserved some sort of recognition, and all of my girls helped me commemorate the event. There were an awful lot of times that I doubted my ability to reach this milestone over the last year. I wasn't going to shrug off this October 17th. I made it and I'm proud of it. Go me.

I could have easily spent today being down. I've had a lot of really crummy Mondays. I was determined not to let this one be another. The good news is, it wasn't. I had my day of rest yesterday, and I let the morning unfold slowly. We made it through another Harry Potter movie, and I made a fancy lunch to go with it. I hadn't felt up to gourmet cooking for a while, so it was a good sign that I am finally feeling inspired again. After that, we dressed up, went shopping, and had a grand old time. I am due for a new set of glasses very soon, and I needed someone with a critical eye to help me plan out my next frames. I trust my daughter's judgement and I think she has helped me select the pair I'll be buying after my next exam. Then we went to select something I really wanted for a gift, a new bead for my Pandora bracelet. I've been having so much fun taking pictures for this blog, that we settled on a bead shaped like a camera.

And then we got to the part I'd planned for weeks. I have a favorite restaurant in town, and a couple favorite dishes there. I'd decided ages ago that we would go to the half-Mexican-restaurant-half-bicycle-repair-shop owned by the Oskar Blues brewery, and I would eat the bacon-wrapped, goat-cheese-stuffed Anaheim peppers, covered in apple chutney. I've been dreaming of it ever since. I rarely get so obsessed with food. In truth, I could have gone to the restaurant for it at any time. But I had been saving this experience for this special night, with my special girls, and that made it worth waiting for and savoring the anticipation. After everything, I needed something to look forward to. I'm well past the phase of my life when I enjoy seeing my age tick upwards. I wanted the attention from the girls I love so much, and I got it. To be honest, attention is all I ever want for my birthday. It's better than stuff, any time of the year. It's the people I care about, and my one wish was fulfilled.









No comments:

Post a Comment