Thursday, March 23, 2017

Crud

Inspirational song: Blowin' In the Wind (Bob Dylan)

There's a big weather front blowing in. I've heard that it could rain, or maybe even snow. Either way, with this sort of blustery wind, I am shutting my window tonight. I'd been leaving it open, and still have been too hot at night. Bodes ill for the summer, if I don't get air conditioning soon. I am having trouble believing that there is a chance of snow. It has been so crazy warm for weeks, that I've stopped believing that normal weather patterns still apply. If it does come, I know I will wish that it had come sooner, before the nectarine tree started blooming. Most of the buds are still tight, just barely pushing out hints of pink. If it gets too cold, it could ruin my chances of seeing fruit form this year.

Tonight was the monthly social for Rotary, back to the new games center (arcade/bowling alley/bar/event rooms). We had a great turnout. These nights are starting to pick up. We had a couple events where we could barely get ten people there. There were at least four times that tonight, maybe five times. Mr X stopped by on his way back from the Jeep parts place where he has spent so much of his life (acquiring parts for his husband-sitter project and doing contract work over the winter). He is getting to know a few of my Rotary friends now. He even taught several of them how to play Crud, the old Canadian fighter-pilot game that is played on a pool table. The foreign exchange student really took to it, and gave him a serious run for his money. The only part that tripped him up was remembering not to shoot from the long side of the table.

I spent most of the day feeling like crud myself, less in the sense of fun bar game, more in the sense of headache, body aches, fatigue, and chills. I tried soaking in the hot tub this morning, with all of the cats around me, and I tried napping for hours this afternoon. Neither made me feel better. I hope this doesn't signal a pattern, like a flare coming on. I'd much prefer it was over and done by tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment