Wednesday, March 15, 2017

News from Places I Wasn't

Inspirational song: Pure Imagination (Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory)

Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

I got a copy of the inspection report, and I scanned through it. With every "in functioning condition" box checked, my hopes inched up just a little more. Generally, the report is very good. I had a couple of long phone calls with the buyers this evening, and there is one really big ask, regarding either proof that the septic has been maintained well, or agreements and receipts showing that it will be serviced before closing. That's it. Everything else is small, and they say those things will not be deal breakers, even though we will go ahead and ask for a few of them.

Just like that, I might have broken on through to the next phase. I won't consider myself in the clear until the commission check has been deposited into the brokerage account, and my portion is in my possession. I'm just happy to have been allowed to advance past the hurdle that I tripped on three times previously.

I stayed home all day, trying to pretend I wasn't as nervous as I was. The man used his recently-acquired snowshoes and went to check on his property. I wished I could have gone along, but it would have sapped all of my energy. He came home totally wiped out. Maybe when there is less snow, I will get to go on a photo tour again.

My post-inspection-report adrenaline has started to run out, finally. I can go to bed and hope to sleep and dream of signing my name at the closing table. But first, I need to find that piece of broccoli that Athena was playing with on the living room floor. (Eventually the video will upload to the SFSP Facebook page. It was struggling for an hour.)






No comments:

Post a Comment