Monday, March 13, 2017

Lost Track

Inspirational song: Time In a Bottle (Jim Croce)

It's rare that the daylight savings time switch leaves me this discombobulated. Yet here I am, with no clue what time it is for two full days. Yes, my sleep cycles are a little off, like most people's. And I'm drinking a whole lot more coffee lately. Overall, I have ceased being able to track the passage of time. Case in point. I put a sweet potato in the oven when I got home this evening. I then came downstairs to watch some television while it cooked. I just got around to checking it, not realizing that two and a half hours have passed. I'm not getting dinner until nearly eleven at night, and it's a sweet potato so overcooked it was softer than warm applesauce in a crispy, caramelized shell. Of course I still ate it, but it didn't feel substantial. I'll get the hang of this time change eventually. Like sometime around October.

I went out to stand in the spaces we have been discussing in the latest planning meetings at Rotary. We want to have a big community picnic in June, and the person bringing the suggestion had one park in mind. Another committee member suggested a different spot. I felt like the second park had insufficient parking, and the pavilion under consideration was too far away from the parking area to work on many levels. So I parked in the little lot -- maybe 30 spots -- and I walked around the first pond and over the bridge to the back pavilion where the smaller restroom is. On the way there, I thought of having to schlep tables, chairs, tents, food, drinks, games, and everything else all the way to that spot. There is no way for food trucks to access it, as had been the goal for the first location. This park is one of my favorite spots in town, but I do not see it as a viable alternative to the one with three parking lots, larger bathrooms, and immediate access for people with limited mobility.

Since I lost track of time and left blogging until late, I will close with photos from the walk this afternoon, and cut my time short. Until next time...









No comments:

Post a Comment