Thursday, March 16, 2017

Emerging

Inspirational song: Black Coffee in Bed (Squeeze)

My fragile hopes are starting to sprout. Just as my lilac bushes outside are already showing signs of green buds beginning to swell and unfurl, my confidence that I will reach the closing table after a year-long quest for finding the perfect home for this Weld County couple is finding strength. The lilacs are bravely marching towards spring growth, even though the odds of a late-season heavy snowfall or deep freeze that could kill them are high. Thus my belief in my own chances of long-awaited success in defiance of considerable odds may be foolhardy, but they are gamely pressing onward. We submitted the inspection objection notice today, and our requests were remarkably tame. Even if the sellers come back with a no on every line, the buyers seem determined to stick it out. I am spending lots of time on the phone with them, since we've crossed into new territory for both of us. Everything I learned long ago has to be dredged up, processed, and then spoken out in clear, non-scary terminology. I am being challenged, but I'm learning a lot in the process (and re-learning a lot). As I said yesterday, not counting chickens until they are hatched, and even then, I'm waiting until they have their grown up feathers before I am willing to say definitively that I have succeeded.

All of this is exhausting, to be honest. I'm not hauling heavy weights or walking long distances or anything physical, but just the mental gymnastics are using up all of my spoons. I fell asleep in front of the basketball tournament this afternoon, before another marathon phone call explaining the legalese of the documents that have to be interpreted by tomorrow. Once I was done, I made the mistake of hopping in the hot tub, before I made dinner. Luckily we are only a couple of miles from great restaurants, because I wasn't able to cook tonight. I wasn't even able to drive at first. I had to ride along, because by the time we left, my arms were like pudding in tube socks. I perked up enough over fancy food and drinks to get us home, but that was the end of my bag of tricks. Now I plan on falling asleep in front of the tv again, just for a couple segments of cable news, and then I'm done for.




No comments:

Post a Comment