Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Near Beer

Inspirational song: Beer Run (Garth Brooks and George Jones)

I have to wonder whether that beer I cooked with and sipped at on Sunday maybe wasn't the best idea. It said gluten free. Sure. It was made with millet, buckwheat, and sorghum. Perhaps they didn't have that particular protein, but that doesn't mean there weren't other more pernicious grain proteins that survived the brewing process. The stomach problems I described yesterday, for which I went to see the doctor, have been around for ages, and I'm not blaming them on a GF beer. But it seems just a little too convenient that the last two days have been so much worse, following that experiment. There are some details I don't want to provide and you don't want to receive, but yeah. I'm not going to try that beer again.

I haven't gotten a whole lot done in the last two days, and it's a good thing that I didn't have a lot on my plate anyway. Other than a quick trip to Rotary, I have done jack all today. I spent so much time sprawled in my chair with my belly bloating, that even Jackie has started mocking me. I have to admit, the impression is a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment