Wednesday, July 5, 2017

High Tech

Inspirational song: I Like to Watch (Fish)

One step closer to technological superiority. Or in this town, it would more accurately be considered technical parity. The man came to string the fiber optic cable up to the outside of my house. It's a two stage installation, to get the gigabit-speed internet, with stage two coming in a week. It has been a long, slow heartbreak, being the last neighborhood in town to catch up with everyone else in this decade. I am close now. They'll come inside the house next week, and change my whole world.

I got a crazy good deal on a second television last week. It's been forever since I kept more than one in the house. I haven't had one in my bedroom in at least twelve years. But since I rearranged how I pay for things around here, and am paying less to get more, it seemed like an okay time to get one again. I ordered it online, to get that truly obscene price. That way I didn't have to lift it twice or wrestle it into my tiny car. I felt guilty when I saw the small woman who was the delivery driver lugging the big box up to my porch. For now it's just decoration in my room. It's not hooked up to much. It can access the internet, but I don't pay for any of those services like Netflix or Hulu. I think when I get my next burst of disposable income, once I've sold another house or two, I'll get myself a Bluetooth keyboard, and use it to write my blogs every night. It seems like the height of decadence, doing it that way. But it would be far more comfortable, and cooler than sitting with a hot laptop on my legs.

I have been so busy, and I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing. I worked a little each day during the holiday weekend, and felt uneasy whenever I spent more than a few minutes at a time at leisure. It's messing with my stress levels. I can't figure out whether I'm working too much or not enough. I'll have to ponder that one, while I wait for my new toys to work.






No comments:

Post a Comment