Monday, July 3, 2017

Magic Feather

Inspirational song: White Feather (Marillion)

We stayed up far later than we should have. But since upgrading our phone plan, we now have free HBO (thanks to a certain corporate merger that apparently only implemented state-by-state until they finally absorbed the Colorado region). This means that I am out of excuses for being late to this whole Game of Thrones thing. We have caught bits and pieces of the marathon that was on this weekend, so I have a vague idea where this thing is going. I'm not sold on it yet, but I am willing to watch to see what all the hype is about. Some of the characters are not quite what I expected. The most recent warnings not to get too attached to any one of them were unnecessary. I have heard the reviews.

There aren't a lot of diseases that pass between pets and humans, but I'm starting to wonder about whatever the dogs picked up in the mountains late last week. Bumpy is slowly getting better, but Murray is still a complete mess, and now the Man and I are both careening towards upset tummies ourselves. Both boy dogs went to the vet this afternoon, and while Bump was assumed to be on the mend, Murray was given a course of metronidazole to address his tummy troubles. Athena and I shuddered in sympathy. That's the nastiest antibiotic/antifungal we've ever encountered. Let's hope it works quickly, because Murray is uncomfortable, and he's making life extra difficult around here for those who help him or sleep near him.

We ran errands today, part of which involved stopping at my brother-in-law's home to try to manually run the sprinkler system (which refused to cooperate). I had lots of time to wander around the property, admiring the well-established flower gardens all around. There were about six million bees hard at work in the salvia and pincushion beds, humming loud enough to be heard over the sounds of a trio of guys inexpertly running a chainsaw on a neighboring property. As I sat on the back patio, I reminisced fondly of all the times I saw magpies hopping around this part of the county, and I felt a little jealousy that I never see them in my neighborhood. Before I could climb back into the Doomsmobile to leave, Mr S-P handed me something he found, and all I could do was gasp and say "Magic!" It was like a calling card. They knew I was thinking of them.







No comments:

Post a Comment