Thursday, July 6, 2017

Not Numb

Inspirational song: Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)

The uncertainty is the worst. Knowing you've done everything you can to write a solid offer, but yours isn't the only one sitting in the pile. I did get to chat over the last one with the listing agent, and do a little haggling, but I was unwilling to offer over the entire kingdom that she was asking for. It's a fine line between seeming reasonable but looking after one's client's best interests, and seeming to roll over and peeing myself in submission. I don't want to cost the buyers more money than they ought to spend, but ceding at least some of the listing agent's Big Ask will probably be necessary to win this time. It is quite a dilemma.

No matter how many times I tell myself to take time and slow down now that big milestones were met, I keep adding new tasks. My phone calendar is filled with lines of various colors, representing three targeted calendars' worth of deadlines and commitments. What am I doing to myself? Lack of sleep and over stimulation of nerves has left me feeling like I'm clinging tightly to an electric fence. I have become clumsy and uncoordinated. I keep tripping and dropping things, and I can't make sense of anything. I'm not quite sure even a solid night of sleep or two can fix this. So far cyclobenzeprine is doing nothing for it.

Think happy thoughts for this latest offer. The house needs work, but it would be a great project.


No comments:

Post a Comment