Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Perfect Attendance

Inspirational song: The Morning After (Maureen McGovern)

I almost never sleep straight through a night. Like never, ever. It was not a surprise when I rolled over at 2 this morning, and woke up slightly. I should have just gone right back under, but this time I let my mind perform a few perfunctory tasks. It was at that point that I started thinking about what I'd written as a blog post a few hours earlier, before crawling into bed. It slowly occurred to me that I had not actually done it. I was super tired when I got home, and let myself get talked into two episodes of Game of Thrones, now that we are watching the whole thing together. I refused a third, came upstairs from the TV room, and got a glass of water with which to take my night time pills. That was the last functional thing I did for the night. Thus I find myself playing catch-up in the wee hours, just so that I can sleep in peace. I know I'd never remember to blog tomorrow morning, no matter how clever my sheepish excuses for skipping a post might be.

I didn't intend to drive for four hours with only one short break yesterday, but that's what I did do. I had to pick up three humans and one bag of rocks (too long to explain now, and probably not worth the attempt) from the airport. Traffic sort of sucked on the way there, and really turned sour on the way back. I have lost all stamina for long drives, and yesterday really tested my abilities. I'm not surprised I was brain dead after all of that.

The mayor's restaurant was running a fundraiser yesterday. They were donating a portion of all sales, all day, to the same wildlife rehabilitation center where we took Stella the Crow last month. We haven't been able to see her in weeks, because she has needed such intensive care with her broken wing. This was one small thing we could do to contribute to her ongoing care, and we were happy to do it. I don't expect her to remember us after all of this time, once she is strong and healthy. I'd like to think that she could, though.





No comments:

Post a Comment