Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Technological Advances

Inspirational song: Oh, What a Beautiful Morning (Oklahoma)

I could hear that the streets were wet this morning, long before I had cleared my vision well enough to see that it had rained. Once the clouds had rolled in, they stayed all day. How glorious! I love a cloudy, drizzly day morning than the next girl does. It made it possible for me to get through all that I had to do today.

My super fast internet arrived today. I haven't really tested out the capabilities to speak of, but I do notice that now when I load my DirecTV app on my devices, it doesn't fight me, and will load my saved programs. I intend to test it over the next days and weeks. I'm excited to compare it to the battles I have had with the various levels of internet that was presented to me as "fast broadband." I expect to be awed and amazed.

I heard a whisper yesterday, a hint that the person we lost out to over the weekend was not going to go forward with the contract they had won. I was very glad that we persisted and put ourselves in backup position. As of this morning, the primary contract terminated, and ours moved into first position. This deal is going to be more of a mess than usual, but trust me, I will move heaven and earth to make this one work.

I closed my busy, tiring day by going to a party. I'd been looking forward to the changing of the guard party at Rotary for a while. It was at the same house where we had the Christmas party, and I was hoping to take in the views from this lovely country home in daylight this time. The joke was on me, that the clouds and haze that made my day so wonderful also partially obscured the view. I could still see the mountains, better than I had in December. Someday there will be a perfectly beautiful day, a perfect chance for the photos I crave from this home.







No comments:

Post a Comment