Monday, July 24, 2017

How Did I Get Here?

Inspirational song: Fight the Good Fight (Triumph)

Who didn't see this coming? Raise your hand. (No hands go up.) I overdid it yesterday, and I had the down day I expected. I kind of knew I'd have to struggle to get out of jammies sometime in the afternoon. That's exactly what happened. My muscles are sore, and every inch of my skin still feels like there is an uncomfortable electric current running through it. Been here before. Still waiting for the new medication for the nerve thing, and I know that the muscles will calm down eventually.

I had to really push myself to do any work today. I have two contracts that had to be checked on, and I have a couple on the east coast who wants mountain property who have been exchanging some entertaining emails with me. You know you're wiped out when just entering the password to open your laptop is exhausting. I did it a couple times, but it sapped my will to live. I had to crash out, but it took several tries before I successfully napped. Every time I remembered something super important I had to pull myself back out of a stupor, to change the address for the automatic HOA payments or cancel CenturyLink now that I have better fiber optic internet.

Once I did sleep, things got weird. I was out, dreaming crazy dreams, for maybe an hour. I woke to the sensation of Rabbit jumping off of the window sill, onto my hair. I had no idea where I was, when it was, or what day it is. I barely knew who I was. I have struggled ever since, but I've at least come to the end of the day feeling like I took care of 85-90% of the things I needed to get to. Not sure how or when I did these things. Yet here I am, among a ton of completed tasks. I win.


No comments:

Post a Comment