Friday, August 4, 2017

Forget It

Inspirational song: Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing (Marvin Gaye, Tammy Terrell)

Am I forgetting something? I am, I just know it. No idea what, though. I've been too scattered to be sure that I'm getting everything done. I try to put everything in the calendar in my phone, when I remember to do it. So maybe that isn't so helpful.

I pretended I was totally up on things, thus leaving me free to start a project that needs to be done soon, but not immediately. I went shopping for materials, and stopped in at the pet store while I was next door. I bought a bag of crickets to feed to Agnes, and by the time I got home, hot and tired, I dropped my purse in a chair near the door and forgot all about it. I played on the computer a little, and cleaned house a little. Got tired enough that I was essentially dizzy, so I wandered off and took a nap. It wasn't until about four hours later that I remembered that there were live insects in a bag in my purse. I don't think any of them died in that time. Granted, I watched two of them die in a lizard's mouth, but that was their intended purpose. She wouldn't have eaten them if they weren't still alive.

I was still wandering around in a bit of a daze after my nap. It was after 6, and I let myself sleep way too long (maybe an hour and a half?). I decided to cook hamburgers on the new grill (smoker), cooking with charcoal for the first time in more years than I can remember. I stacked the briquettes like I was supposed to, and burned up about eight matches trying in vain to see a burning black pillow. I had tried adding some tiny sticks as kindling, to no avail. I was heading inside for newspaper when the Mr came home, and took over fire-building duties. (If you're wondering, I'm not a fan of lighter fluid. Just don't like it.) While the fire caught and I formed hamburger patties, the skies got significantly grayer and the wind kicked up. The sprinkles started as soon as the burgers went on the grill, and the burgers couldn't be flipped over until the hail let up enough to cross the lawn.

So maybe the biggest thing I forgot was the check the weather forecast. My bad.






No comments:

Post a Comment