Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Animals

Inspirational song: Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)

I know better than to leave home without my phone. I may not always take the world's most interesting or relevant photos, but I try to find something from my day to share at the bottom of every post. I have a couple of wild animal photos (because Athena and Agnes faced off against each other this afternoon), but I was without my camera when I was mesmerized by the many-colored lights of the traveling carnival at the county fairgrounds tonight. They may or may not have been great pictures, had I been able to take them. But I'll never know, will I?

I spent most of the morning working outside, with all of the cats and dogs roaming the expanses of my mini-Park. Most of them stayed within the perimeter fence, but a certain naughty boy decided he needed more space. Alfred jumped the fence three times, chasing after birds, squirrels, or his own destiny. He just had to ruin things for everyone, like he always does. Ever since we came back inside, the Pride has been quite mellow, like the several hours we took was enough to calm them down. If only I had known it was so simple to create peace in the ranks.

Without giving away any potential secrets about with whom and where this occurred, someone I know has played rescue angel for a feline mama-to-be tonight. I got a phone call asking for advice on how to care for a little pregnant ginger, at least overnight, possibly until the weekend, until a no-kill shelter or a foster program can take her in. I feel like this is an emergency I have trained for, with all of those confinements and births I have watched on Tiny Kittens. It came in handy! I have real, accurate, and valuable advice for contingencies. This person does not want to be a cat doula. But if it takes too long to find a safe shelter, I am here to talk through the process. Let's hope there's enough time that I won't have to.



No comments:

Post a Comment