Monday, August 7, 2017

Sleeping Beauties

Inspirational song: Rainy Days and Mondays (The Carpenters)

I frequently get days off when I need them, but today was the kind of day when I like to get out and do stuff. It was gloomy and cold and it rained thoroughly nearly all day. Just what I like. But the people I needed found it to be the perfect day for a nap. I was bouncing off the walls from noon on, when I found out that there was actually something that had to be repaired on one of the houses before we could close in a week. We needed to go cover up some exposed wiring, where old, not-attached-to-power, sprinkler system wires were visible in the back yard. I had to wait for the Mr to run his errands, and then come home and fall asleep for way longer than he has ever napped in recorded history (or so it seemed to me). Once he woke, and we prepared to go cap the wires, the drizzly rain turned into a strong downpour. We had to wait while I got more and more agitated. I had not actually seen the documentation that required this minor fix, and the person who was supposed to have it also was asleep (she works nights). So again, I had to just sit and tap my fingers and wait.

I can't really criticize these people for sleeping during the day. If I could have, I probably would have enjoyed sleeping on a day like this too. All the windows in the house are open, and the air is cool and moist. The sound of rain is soothing during a nap. But we are in a seven-day countdown to two closings on the same day. I'm freaked out, y'all. I just want this to work.

I don't feel like writing a lot more. The air coming in my bedroom window is still cool, even though the rain has stopped. I think it's time to just stretch out and enjoy what's left of the rainy Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment