Thursday, February 14, 2019

Betrayed

Inspirational song: Don't Do Me Like That (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)

It's another "woe is me" time. I'm fond of using nutritional remedies for simple ailments. When I have an upset tummy, as I often do, I'm more comfortable reaching for a ginger ale or peppermint tea, especially when that's easy and available. (Full disclosure, sometimes I like Coca Cola for an upset stomach too, mostly because that's what my parents let me have when I was barfing and feverish in elementary school.) In the last year or two, I discovered peppermint capsules are a little more powerful, although they make burps more interesting. And then for the last two months, I have been drinking golden milk almost every day, and as long as I used lactose-free milk, it was doing all right by me.

I had a late dinner, of greasy (GF) pizza. I two-fisted my beverages, setting myself up with both a can of ginger ale and a tall mug of golden milk for dessert. And now that it's all gone, I'm thinking that more is not necessarily better. I think someone cranked a vice around my stomach. I am betrayed. My favorite comfort foods did not provide comfort!

Why you do me like this, large quantity of ginger?


No comments:

Post a Comment