Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Dworc

Inspirational song: The Bear and the Maiden Fair (Game of Thrones)

Wednesday nights are dork nights. We went next door and wallowed in the nerdiness of D&D for hours. As usual, intoxicating beverages flowed, and we stayed long enough to be exhausted by the time we got home. Or at least I am, and I got the message I wasn't the only one who was tired by the end of the night. I'm wiped and ready to turn out the lights.

This campaign for the 5th edition of D&D is nearly wrapped up. The Mr has been planning his own, to come soon. He has given us a vague notion of what is coming next. I had planned on making my character totally random, a roll of dice determining whether I'd play male or female, old, young, tough, canny, whatever. Then through conversation I had an epiphany, and decided I had to play an Amazon. No way I can change now. My mind is made up. It was only after I had announced it to the group, setting it in stone, that I realized what I had done. For my foster-son-in-law's campaign, I'm playing my own version of The Hound from Game of Thrones. He's big, ugly, a good fighter, and a little leery of fire. For the new campaign my husband will run, I'm going to be Brienne of Tarth. Everyone talked me into making her super tall (over six feet), and she's going to be all about fighting skills. I didn't do it on purpose, but I find myself comfortable with these choices.

In tonight's big battle, we fought reanimated skeletons of a hybrid of dwarves and orcs. We were told to call them "dworcs." I liked the word, for all that it sounds like "dorks." Yeah. It fits the group. We are nerds, really. Giant nerds. And I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment