Monday, February 25, 2019

Testing

Inspirational song: Tired of Waiting for You (The Kinks)

There's about 10 hours to go until my next round of tests. I've been feeling absolutely awful for three weeks now, and maybe tomorrow evening I'll have more of an idea what's going on. More likely I'll have just enough info to move on to more tests. That's the way it always goes, isn't it?

I've been hiding from most communications for three days now. I have a voice mail that's been festering since Saturday morning, and I know who it's from. I just don't want to deal with it. I have money waiting for me in an app, and the thought of figuring out how to retrieve it makes my stomach hurt. (Clarification: it makes my stomach hurt worse. It hurts almost all the time lately.) I'm miles behind on emails. As with most days, I crashed hard around 3:30 or 4 this afternoon, and I slept through my honorary congressman getting interviewed on TV. (I say honorary because I miss his district by just a few blocks, I think, and I hope the lines get redrawn after the next census to put me back under his representation.) There's not much reaching me right now.

I'm dreading the tests tomorrow. Normally it's the sort of thing that won't hurt, but I have been so sore and tender all over, I don't want to be messed with at all.  I don't have much choice. Can't skip. Doesn't mean I won't whine about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment