Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Quiet Stretch

Inspirational song: Black Cow (Steely Dan)

Over six years, I have noticed that winters are a very difficult time to keep up with a daily blog. The whole world slows down. Everyone stays inside and activities are repetitive and boring. Nothing is growing, nothing is blooming. We do less construction. At least we’ve gone on a couple of road trips to break things up. The monotony of indoors season is overwhelming. I want to be interesting, I really do. Interesting is just scaled back a bit for a few months.

I may have more to go over in a week, but I don’t want to set any expectations about it. I don’t even want to generalize about what I’m anticipating coming down the pike. If it happens, I’ll go over it in detail. If not, I’ll fill you in on what it was, and why it was a secret. Unfortunately, either way it’s going to be ridiculously expensive, and I have to pay for it.

It’s a bone-chilling night, and cold air is seeping down from under the curtains. I will have to fight for legroom around these sleepy knuckleheads, but at least I’ll be uncomfortably warm on the bottom half of my body to offset the top half being in a cold draft. It's not an ideal trade off.


No comments:

Post a Comment