Friday, February 1, 2019

Distraction

Inspirational song: Can You Picture That (The Muppet Movie)

The news has been full of stories I just don't want to obsess over. Apparently I'm the only one. My feed is the same photo for days, with every single person I follow sharing the same things that make me uncomfortable. If there is anything that can break my addiction to cable news and Twitter, the saturation of stories of racism, active or casual, may be enough to drive me away. I've kept the TV off more often lately, and I'm more interested in crochet or housecleaning than Twitter of late. This is probably to my benefit, but it doesn't mean I'm feeling good about hiding.

To that end, I'm crocheting until my wrists hurt and my right shoulder is on fire. (I'm left handed, but I crochet right handed, as is more traditional. The muscles on that side are less developed.) I had set aside the first project I started back in November, the one that was meant to calm my nerves. I had a bunch of presents to work on in the meantime. Now I'm ready to finish the one that is for me. It's close. Well, more than halfway there. And it's more fun to look at than the world falling apart.

And it's absolutely covered in white cat hair. I wonder why.


No comments:

Post a Comment