Sunday, June 16, 2019

Crashed

Inspirational song: Should I Stay or Should I Go? (The Clash)

The finish line is so close. 12 hours from now, I have a scheduled appointment. No extra wait times, no bigger copays. No getting the stink eye as if I'm drug seeking. No getting ignored for hours when I can least handle it. I hate going to the ER. It has never been a happy experience, just awful waits, even when I came in via ambulance. I don't have the stamina.

A few hours ago, I convinced myself the benefits outweighed the pain. I asked the Mr to help me dress, and I was ready to subject myself to sitting up in the car and in a wheelchair for some indeterminate amount of time. Then it started raining, and some jackass hit a parked car a few houses down, and took off from the scene of the accident. The Mr got distracted calling that in, and he stayed with the cops and tow company for an hour. He just returned, having found a piece that identifies the hit and run vehicle as a GM truck of some sort (Silverado or GMC).  While he was gone, it started absolutely pouring, and I let the weather talk me out of going to the car.

I know they are going to yell at me at the cancer center. I should have gone yesterday. I should have gone this afternoon. I just couldn't face the guaranteed miserable experience. So instead I had one more Tylenol and a few solid sips of water, and I'm going to pray I sleep through most of the night. I might go in a hair early to my appointment, and get treated sooner. That's the best I got right now. The rest involves keeping my head down and waiting for the migraine to recede.

No comments:

Post a Comment