Saturday, June 8, 2019

Resting Up Before the Big Event

Inspirational song: Just What I Needed (The Cars)

The Murray fairy has visited three times so far this weekend. While the Mr is on his rally adventure, we asked our neighbor to help me out with Murray, since I can't manhandle him in and out of wheels and I really shouldn't be handling the messy, bacteria-laden boy anyway. I have no trouble feeding the dogs, but lifting and maneuvering is beyond me. I sort of expected T to come through the house to take care of him, say hello on the way through, but he hasn't. He comes through the back gate when I'm not paying attention. I peek out in the garage when I'm getting ready for bed, and Murray's calmly sitting on his bed, looking at me like he got there himself. This morning, I woke ridiculously early, and played on the computer for an hour before putting the dogs out and feeding everyone at 0630. A couple of hours later, I looked outside, and there was Murray, strutting around the backyard in his wheels. Magic.

I should be packing my bag. I should be cleaning the last areas that I didn't panic-clean on Thursday before our old friend arrived on short notice. I didn't do either of those things (other than clean the dishes as I went along today). Mid-morning I started feeling terrible, and lay down for an hour-long nap. I felt better after that, for a little while, but by mid-afternoon, I was at it again. When was the last time I needed this much sleep? I can't say why. Relief that the wait is almost over? Shutting down because it's overwhelming? Or just a result of aggregated sleep deprivation? Dunno. I'm just glad I had the flexibility to get caught up this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment