Friday, March 13, 2020

Date Night, Rona Style

Inspirational song: Love Her Madly (The Doors)

How exactly is this supposed to work? Are we supposed to be staying home completely already, or just avoiding big groups? What about shopping, is that still okay? I mean, I’m well stocked on toilet paper, and I’ll defend my stash if reivers try to come take it. But if I run low on cat food or half and half, I hope it’s not too late. And I still don’t know whether it’s still okay to go to that massage I had scheduled. I am kind of terrified of it, but I really need it, and it’s probably my last chance for a long time.

I guess we had a decent preview of how this is going to go. Our big Friday night entertainment was going next door for dinner and drinks and to watch Forrest Gump. I’m not sure there was a particular reason for that movie choice, other than a wave of nostalgia from T. I didn’t fight him on it. I happily settled on the couch with my steak and wine, and enjoyed the film. It’s been a while since I saw it on a screen that big, and never on one with such high definition. We noticed things we hadn’t seen in ages. We all felt giggly and relaxed by the end of it. It was a good call.

We wondered out loud how big the January baby boom is going to be. You know it’s gonna happen. Right about the time the hospitals cease being overloaded with virus patients, they’re going to be packed with quarantine babies. What do you suppose the most common names will be? I doubt the virus will be memorialized fondly via baby names. S-P Jr is going to have a huge cohort, although he or she will be a little older than most of their peers. Maybe the industry to invest in now will be elementary school construction to be completed in six years.

No comments:

Post a Comment