Saturday, March 14, 2020

Stretch

Inspirational song: Relax (Frankie Goes to Hollywood)

Did I do the right thing? I went to my massage today. I missed the monthly one in February, and I might not get another one for a long time. I really wanted to go. But I also stressed out over what a dangerous activity it could have been. My therapist never coughed or sneezed once. He didn’t even clear his throat. He’s older than I am, in the cohort of people who are more likely to be at increased risk of the virus. He is being careful too. But man, I really needed that deep muscle work. I wasn’t letting myself fully experience how much stress I’ve been carrying. He broke up tension I wasn’t even aware of. I’ve spent too much time reading and listening to the scary information out there. I was knotted up tight. Less so now.

I am emotionally ready to completely isolate myself. But I haven’t cleared off all obligations yet. And people keep putting things in front of me that I feel like I can’t skip. It feels so risky. I’m going to have to take it all one day at a time, one activity at a time. It would be cool to just relax with streaming television and my stockpiles of food and drink. People, we all need to stop doing stuff. If only I could do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment