Monday, March 30, 2020

Venture

Inspirational song: I Saved the World Today (Eurythmics)

After a solid three weeks of not leaving the property, I had to make a quick drive. I was stunned to realize I didn't want to go. But I had to refill my long term cancer meds, and I got a second notice call this morning that it was ready. So whether or not I was emotionally prepared to face the real world for fifteen minutes, I had to do it. My local pharmacy, like most places around the country now, offers curbside pickup. Obviously, since I have not left the house in three weeks, I have very little experience with curbside pickup on every business. It was time to be brave and venture out.

There was more traffic on the roads than I would have liked or expected during this time of crisis. Maybe it was because I was out around lunchtime. It was disconcerting and weird. I felt like I had forgotten an important skill. Maybe I'm okay with them extending stay at home orders for as long as it takes to get this stuff under control.

Spring is taking its sweet time arriving this year. I'm okay with that too. Slowly, our bulb flowers are popping up. Most of the trees and bushes are still mostly dormant. I don't want too much to flower now, before all chance of frost is gone. If ever I wanted a decent fruit harvest off these trees, it's this year. Patience will pay dividends.

No comments:

Post a Comment