Sunday, May 19, 2024

Really Coming Down

Inspirational song: Riders on the Storm (The Doors)

I might be spending yet another night watching a severe weather stream for a state where I am not currently at. I was scrolling through YouTube, as I so often do, and noticed a streamer covering storms near Oklahoma City. I went looking for one of the TV stations instead, and they were talking about tornadoes on the ground near El Reno and Yukon. Without saying a word out loud where the listening devices could hear me, I picked up my phone and opened Facebook. It positioned the feed on a radar image, posted by my cousin who lives right there. On one hand, it was comforting to know he was fine. On the other, it was so disturbing that Facebook hadn't offered me anything he posted for months, yet it read my mind and put his name front and center. 

The next tornado they started getting worked up over started near the airport, and when I first saw it, I thought it was right around the neighborhood where I last saw all my cousins, at the wake for the above cousin's brother. Looks like the current storm took a different path, heading closer to the malls my friends and I used to hang out in back in high school. Although I'm having a hard time following it exactly while I'm typing. Can't split my attention as well as I used to.

I feel like this is all overshadowing the minor stuff we did today. The kids were here, invited to help grandpa plant the garden. They ended up doing anything but. He still planted but they played. Then the boy napped on me while I sent my daughter and her father to pick up some patio furniture off Facebook marketplace. For the record, the photo of the kids eating messy Popsicles is on the old ratty patio chairs I'm replacing, not the newer ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment