Monday, June 17, 2024

Bewb

Inspirational song: Heroes (David Bowie)

With all that I need to get to around this house, I am very not surprised that I took this day to do basically nothing. It was hot and I ended up with a run of the mill headache, and I just didn't feel like being active. Sure, I still checked in on my plant babies on the porch, deadheading a few more spent flowers. I planted a few more calendula seeds, hoping for success. They just aren't doing much for me, when surely they ought to be blooming by now.

When the headache appeared, and my eyes couldn't handle looking at anything, especially a screen, I took a nap. Luck was with me and that was all it took to get rid of it. I heard the doorbell ring, but I was singularly unable to pick my face up off the pillow to see who was there. It appears it was our mail carrier (who I have known since she was like 16), with packages from my older daughter. Why is that worth mentioning? Because one of those boxes held my boobie cactus! It's here! I've wanted this for more than a year. I'm so happy.

Behold! Hellllooo, nurse!

No comments:

Post a Comment