Thursday, June 20, 2024

Happy Solstice

Inspirational song: Take a Chance on Me (ABBA)

Yesterday's temperature break was too short-lived. The sun was back today and it was another scorcher. I suppose that's appropriate. This was the solstice today, or rather it was this evening. Too bad the shortening of the days, starting tomorrow, won't equal a cool-down for at least a couple months. I am so not prepared for another "hottest summer since we started keeping records." I still don't have air conditioning in my 65 year old house. Maybe a mini-split is in my future sooner than later.

My bank account is on fumes, but naturally when my daughter says hey, go to Target with me, I say yes. I mostly kept my hands off of things, but when that little boy showed an interest in something I handed him, I bought it and will wrap it up for his birthday in a few weeks. We have been looking for toys that will develop his physical, potentially athletic side, and are looking for things he can throw and kick. He has a soccer ball already, but I wanted him to have a mini-football to toss and catch. I'm not going to force him into my favorite sport to watch, but I'm sure going to offer him the opportunity to learn the basics. He also got just a simple ball with Mickey Mouse on it, so we aren't steering him too hard into a specific sport. He was pretty cute about both of them.

I tried to greet the changing of the season with a deep cleanout of my room. Holy cow, do two shaggy dogs hide a lot of dirt under rugs. I could have grown root vegetables under the flokati rug. I was doing so well, until it was almost bedtime, and I was sitting in the living room chilling out. I then remembered I had left a whole bunch of stuff I pulled out to organize piled on the bed. I thought my long day was over, but no, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment