Sunday, December 13, 2015

Holiday Special

Inspirational song: Oops, I Did It Again (Brittney Spears)

In my early teen years, I invented a holiday tradition for myself. Or rather, a holiday beverage. There was a television commercial for Sprite that I saw all the time and liked, and for some reason, I thought they were showing people using Sprite as a mixer for eggnog. I don't think that was really in the ad, but I tried it anyway, and decided I really liked the combination. I've been drinking it every year since, although not in great quantity like I did when I had the constitution of a teenager. It's become my tradition, just like watching the B.C. Clark Christmas ad on the Internet is for me every year. (If you aren't from Oklahoma, google it. If you are from Oklahoma, sing along with me from memory: "Jewelry is the gift to give...") Just now, I called down to Mr S-P to see whether he wanted some eggnog and Sprite. He corrected me, eggnog, Sprite, and rum, did I mean? Now here I am, having drained my big glass far too quickly, and all inspiration to think deeply and write has melted away like yesterday's snow. So I'm going to watch old Dr Who Christmas episodes and work on a semi-handmade gift for my brother, and write very little. If you feel like it, try my holiday drink. It foams up like a root beer float, so be wary and use a tall glass. Tell me whether you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment