Monday, December 21, 2015

The Best Present of All

Inspirational song: Gold (John Stewart)

I am exhausted. I have gone through hours of training videos and exercises, as instructed by my employing broker. I have about two and a half more to go tomorrow, before I hand off the video set to my fellow new agent. My brain is full and I am fired up and ready to go. All the unknowns that were intimidating to me a couple weeks ago are starting to fall into place and seem much less scary.

Late this afternoon, I got the greatest news of all, in an email. I learned that while the state regulatory web site shows all of our statuses as pending (still), the official status is that all three of our licenses are active and hanging at Headwaters Realty in Fort Collins, Colorado. It's for real now! I'm officially a licensed real estate broker! I am able to move forward, and do all the things in this business requiring a license. I feel so grown up, so trusted.

I have two real, solid leads that I can follow up on now. I can't wait to get started. I've known for years that this business is the right one for me, and now I'm able to prove it. Just two things left to see in front of me, my state-issued broker number, and my business cards. They are both in the pipeline, and there's still time to get them before the weekend. Sing with me: All I want for Christmas is my two pieces-of-supporting-data....


No comments:

Post a Comment