Thursday, July 28, 2016

File Away for Later

Inspirational song: Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House)

It may be time to end the program of unsupervised felines having free range at Smith Park West. Even as I floated for a couple hours in the hot tub, allowing YouTube to feed me a steady diet of Daily Shows, Colbert antics, and Last Weeks Tonight (is that the proper plural form of that one?), it is possible one very naughty boy was exploring the neighborhood rather than hanging out where he was supposed to be. Long after full dark, when I was bribing the Pride to come inside with a promise of just a few more kibbles per mouth, Jackie and I heard a scrambling sort of noise that sounded like claws on a stockade fence. And then out of the dark, Alfred came running to the sound of cat food being shaken in a plastic cup. Oh, Boy, did you have to ruin it for everyone?

I've had a little-bit-of-everything day. I worked, I volunteered, I partied, I gardened, and I chilled out. I was so busy doing things that I never stopped to plan what I would write tonight. It's kind of how I'm running my affairs these days. Not planning, just barreling forward and hoping that something will catch on. I don't know whether I'm any good at improvising anymore. I guess I'll find out as the wake behind me spreads, and it's either filled with good works or destruction. Maybe a little of both.

I have park envy this evening. The party I attended was at a beautiful house that had a small but very well laid out yard and entertaining space. There was a large deck with dining and lounging space, there were cute little planting zones, and there was a four foot deep koi pond that made me seriously consider the logistics of keeping such a thing here where there are four cats who would happily learn to swim. I came away tonight with a lot of decorating ideas. I just can't justify spending the time, energy, money, and spoons on copying them by myself at this stage. For now, such things will have to be filed away in my Dream Park plans. I should start a scrapbook of the surreptitious photos I take of other people's homes, with the idea of recreating them here.






No comments:

Post a Comment