Sunday, July 3, 2016

The Piper

Inspirational song: Rock Island (The Music Man)

You know how I've been talking about doing a whole lot of stuff over the last few days, gardening, cleaning, playing golf, swinging a baseball bat, and what not? Today I get to pay the piper. It occurred to me a few minutes ago that I ought to blog as early as I can, because I probably won't be awake much longer. It has been weeks since I caved in an took half of a muscle relaxant, and months prior to that time. Tonight I had to take another half of a pill. I'm fairly certain that someone tied a rough hemp rope around my waist, and shook me violently with said rope. My hip is on fire. Yeah, I know, it was just a combination of weeding a basketball-sized clump of plantain out of the Unless garden and bending over to retrieve a golf ball a couple dozen times, but I like the image in my head of a giant using me like a yo-yo to explain how badly I feel cut in half. But, the muscle relaxant is in my system and I'm now on the clock. Time to type random nonsense in my building delirium.

I tried to be a good girl today. Even after sleeping in until mid-morning, wishing away my hip pain, I kept chipping away at the things I'm trying to accomplish around the house. My big victory today was getting the rest of the debris off of the outside table, cleaning it and the patio around it, and setting it up as a usable space. I've been saying for months, usually while sitting in the hot tub late at night, how I wanted to make that spot a nice place to have dinner, where it's covered and shaded, but still out in the fresh air. Last night my housemate and I got just enough of it cleared off that we could use half the table, but it wasn't a whole lot of room in which to relax. Today it's finished and ready to go (for when I feel up to eating again.. tonight is not that night).

Bit by bit, I'm seeing progress in the ways I've contributed to the setup of the new Park. This afternoon I found that the nearly-dead clearance plants I put in the hanging baskets are starting to rebloom. The petunias are about to be covered in blossoms. Maybe soon the geraniums will show me what color they are. Still no idea what color the new rose is. That will take a while yet.

I think I've run out of time. To quote So I Married an Ax Murderer, "We have a piper down."





No comments:

Post a Comment