Sunday, September 25, 2016

A Walk in the Park

Inspirational song: Oh Where, Oh, Where Has My Little Dog Gone? (Septimus Winner)

I thought I wouldn't have much to write about. I daydreamed a whole lot, but didn't do anything particularly noteworthy. I tried to make up for yesterday's lack of photos, by taking a few around my Park, and then by going to walk around the lake park in the golden hour, to gather some images. I did three laps around the lake, and got a few good shots. I was pleasantly tired afterwards.

Then I came home. I hoped that I would see Alfred's face looking at me through the door to the garage, where he almost always is when I drive up. He disappeared right after dinner, and I hoped he was inside and not over the fence. He wasn't in his spot. He wasn't on my bed or on the couch downstairs either. I grabbed a flashlight and one of the bowls of cat food, and went for another walk, out the back gate, down the alley to the big, busy street, and I looped the block all the way around to the other end of the alley, and back to my gate. No sign of my bunny boy. I Do Not Like This. It is one week shy of the day we lost Zoe fifty yards from the front door. I am not ready to have another incident like that. I want him to come home, and I want everything to be okay.

When I first reached the end of the alley, a young (adult) man who appeared to have some challenges with making eye contact and interacting with strangers came out his back gate, calling for "Leo." I asked him whether he had seen a large white and black cat, and he looked off into space a few moments, and said, "We are missing a cat." I said me too, and realized the conversation was at an end. I don't know whether it is simply a coincidence, or do I need to wonder whether there was a feline altercation that sent two of them off to territory where they didn't belong. Either way, I have the back door cracked enough that the girls can't get out, but Alfred can call for me to let him in.

Think happy thoughts, everyone. Boy needs to come home and explain himself.















No comments:

Post a Comment