Thursday, September 8, 2016

Pep

Inspirational song: I'm On a Boat (The Lonely Island)

Today's earworm has been with me since noon, and I can't shake it. I don't think I want to. It was cathartic to sing a vulgar song at full volume, and it has calmed me to recall it and do some of the dance moves from the video ever since. My day has followed the hand motions of T-Pain, as he mimes waves and sings "It's a big blue watery road." Yeah. Like that. Up and down, blue and watery. With lots of expletives. I've bounced between exceptionally hopeful, tense and despondent, brave and strong, and purely silly and comedic.

I needed a couple pep talks today. Got more than I expected. I chatted with an old friend I've known more than half of my life, and with a young woman I've never met but who was on speakerphone with my roommate. Most of the input I'm getting has gone the same direction, and it has kept me on a trajectory towards strength and positivity. I'm nervous about a lot of things, some that could be rough on me, some that could be the best things to happen all year. By letting a lot of other people do the talking, I never had a chance to talk myself out of anything. I might be learning a valuable new trick in that.

I will close my day being as hopeful as I know how to be. If the stars align, I could be writing an offer tomorrow for the house with the carpeted bathrooms. I don't want to jinx it, I really don't. I might be reading into body language more than I ought to. I'd like to think, however, that staying at a showing for an hour and a half, clients being reluctant to end a tour is a really good sign. I have had a really good time getting to know these people over the last several months, and I don't want to conclude business to the point that we never see each other again, but I feel like I have pointed them into a house that calls their name. Shouts it. This place needs them. I hope they need it back.




No comments:

Post a Comment