Monday, September 26, 2016

Talked Out

Inspirational song: No More Words (Berlin)

Like almost one third of the country, I spent my evening watching a political spectacle on the television, making a lot of sarcastic comments and angry retorts that only my roommate could hear. I believe it was Chuck Todd on NBC who called the whole thing "surreal." Indeed. I don't think I need to offer any more words than that. He was entirely correct.

My progress continues. I advanced my efforts on real estate dealings past another few milestones. During my weekly phone call with my managing broker, it occurred to me how lucky I am that my boss is a teacher as well. I keep entering new territory, this time into the realm of what constitutes a good, buildable lot, and he gave me lots of his time, patiently explaining to me what I need to research and how I need to write the applicable contracts. I have a few irons in the fire now, and I was glad that I had plenty to discuss with him. There have been several weeks that I had no news to impart, for good or for bad. It's much better to sound busy than sound like I just emerged from the blanket fort long enough to make a phone call.

I've been getting a whole lot of pictures from other people, and have not shared many of them. Today I specifically requested permission to post the ones I just received. The kids (my daughter and her cohorts) went for a walk in the mountains south of Boulder, and someone had a good eye with a camera. I have run out of words to say this evening, so I will let pictures speak thousands of them for me instead.








No comments:

Post a Comment